CANCEL RENT! CHANGE THE COURTS! RESIST EVICTIONS!
Despite being socially distanced, there is SO much you can do to win housing justice for NY state tenants!
- Call your state representatives TODAY to ask them to sign on to our legislation to Cancel Rent and win a real and universal Eviction Moratorium!
- Call and email the Department of Health to demand they keep our communities safe by keeping courts closed and keep people in their homes.
- Take the Pledge to Resist Evictions, Defend Communities and Change Housing Courts!
- Call Governor Cuomo and NY State Judge Marks and DiFiore to tell them to Keep Housing Courts Closed and Extend the Universal Eviction Moratorium. Sign our petition to Governor Cuomo calling on him to Cancel Rent and rehouse 92,000 homeless New Yorkers.
- Share your story. Go to www.housingjusticeforall.org/storymap and share your COVID-19 housing story with us. By sharing our stories, we are raising our collective voices to demand that Governor Cuomo listen to renters. We’re putting a human face on the crisis and reminding each other that even while we are socially distancing, we are not alone!