"Punitive Measures Worsen the Homelessness Crisis. We Must Guarantee Housing," Truthout, March 2020
Media Coverage on our Response to COVID-19
- "As virus grips nation, advocates move to halt evictions," Associated Press, March 2020
- "Tenant advocates celebrate temporary eviction moratorium," Queens Daily Eagle, March 2020
- "Tenants Face Eviction Uncertainty in Time of Coronavirus," NBC News, March 2020
- "Courts Offer Chance to Delay Eviction and Other Cases Over Illness," The City, March 2020
Media Coverage on our Hearing to Expand Right to Counsel: February 2020
- "Eviction Drop Fuels Push to Expand Free Housing Help for Low-Income Tenants," The City
- "City Must Expand Right to Counsel Program For Tenants," AMNY Op-Ed by DC37
- "NYC Council seek additional legislation to expand tenant ‘right to counsel’," AMNY
- "Tenant Evictions In NYC Dropped By 15 Percent Last Year," The Gothamist
- "Reinforcing RTC," The Bronx Free Press
- "Council considers free legal help for more tenants facing eviction," Queens Daily Eagle
- "Council looking to expand program that gives tenants free legal help," Crain's New York Business
- More New Yorkers could qualify for free housing court lawyers, Curbed NY
"Cohen Backs Bills to Expand Right to Counsel, Which Could Benefit Thousands," Norwood News, Jan. 2020
"NYC’s eviction labyrinth is a cold promise to many New Yorkers," New York Post, Jan. 2020
"Rally and town hall part of campaign to protect against evictions," Bronx Times, Jan. 2020
"Help more New Yorkers fight evictions: The city’s landmark right-to-counsel law must be expanded," NY Daily News, Jan. 2020
"Coalition urges city to promote tenants’ right to organize," Queens Daily Eagle, Dec. 2019
"City celebrates expansion of program that helps tenants fight eviction," Queens Daily Eagle, Dec. 2019
"The Right to Eviction Counsel Is Gaining Momentum," CityLab, Dec. 2019
"350k More New Yorkers Receiving Free Legal Help To Fight Evictions," NYC Patch, Dec. 2019
BronxNet Interviews Tenant Leader on the Importance of Expanding RTC, Nov. 2019
"Tenants and Right to Counsel NYC hold mock court for bad landlords," The Villager, Nov. 2019
"Evictions are Down but Reigning in NYC's Worst Evictors is Still on Advocates Agenda," CityLimits, Nov. 2019
"Tenant advocates release list of ‘worst’ evictors in the city," AMNY, Oct. 2019
"These NYC Landlords Evict The Most Tenants, Advocates Say," Patch, Oct. 2019
"Courts Need to Adapt to New Rights for Tenants: Report," City Limits, Oct. 2019
Worst Evictors Week of Action Media Coverage: May 2019
- "Tenant Advocates Release List of Worst Evictors," Crain's
- "Interactive Map Tracks Evictions and the Landlords who File for Them," Gothamist
- "These are NYC's Worst Landlords," Fast Company
- "Brooklyn Tenants Demand City Strengthen Right to Counsel Law," Brooklyn Eagle
- "New Map Charts Bed-Stuy Evictions Block by Block," Patch Brooklyn
- "Tenants Rights Group Release List of Brooklyn's Top Evictors," News 12
- "Flatbush Among Worst Neighborhoods for Eviction, New Data Shows," Patch Brooklyn
- "Jackson Heights Among the Worst Neighborhoods for Eviction, Report," Patch Queens
- "The Worst Evictors and the Banks that Love them," ANHD
- "Larry Gluck Among the Worst Evictors in Manhattan," Patch NYC
- "In Front of Bronx Housing Court, Advocates Bolster Benefits of Right to Counsel," Norwood News
- "Evictions are their business practice, tenants organize against Elmhurst landlord," Queens Courier
- "Bronx Tenants Evict Their Landlords" Hunts Point Express
"Como acceder servicios gratis de un abogado en un desalojo?" NY, May 2019
"We need to up our game/Necesitamos mejorar nuestro juego," Manhattan Times, April 2019
"New City Council Bill Aims To Educate Low-Income Tenants About Right To Counsel Law," Gothamist, April 2019
"'Someone To Speak For You': Low-Income Tenants Get Lawyers For Housing Court," NPR, April 2019
"Court officials urged to improve tenants' Right to Counsel," AMNY, March 2019
"In New York, Free Legal Help Arrives For Low-Income Tenants In Housing Court," NPR, March 2019
WNYC Interviews Tenant Leader on Right to Counsel Success, March 2019
Metro NY on NYC eviction rates down in 2018, January 2019
100+ Organizations Urge De Blasio to Issue Eviction Moratorium and Close Housing Courts
Prior to NYCC Hearing on CM Levine & Gibson Bills to Expand Right to Counsel Law, New Report Cites RTC as Driving Force Behind Drop in Evictions in NYC
Coalition Urges City to Pass intro 1529 to Fund Tenant organizing Following Release of New Right to Counsel Zip Codes
NYC Landlords, City, and Banks Indicted on Criminal and Civil Charges Against Tenants’ Rights
Anti-Eviction Groups Release List of NYC’s Top 20 “Worst Evictors”
The RTCNYC Coalition, JustFix.nyc and The Anti-Eviction Mapping Project To Launch New Website Naming Some of NYC’s Worst Evictors & Mapping Evictions Across NYC
Right to Counsel NYC Coalition & Council Members Introduce New Bill to Empower Tenant Organizing
New Analysis Finds that Legal Representation Under Right to Counsel Law Accounts for the Majority of the Decline in NYC Evictions
City Limits on the Importance of Organizing, November 2018
WNYC and Gothamist on Year 1 of RTC, November 2018
AMNY on RTC 2.0, September 2018
Daily News on RTC 2.0! June 2018
Socialist Worker on the Importance of Organizing, June 2018
NYT Letter to the Editor about RTC, May 2018
Queens Time Ledger on the Queens Town Hall, April 2018
Brooklyn Eagle on the Brooklyn Town Hall, April 2018
National Low Income Housing Coalition, April 2018
City Limits on the Town Halls and Eviction Free NYC, March 2018
WNYC on the Roll out, November 2017
Press on the National Spread and Impact of RTC, August 2017
Press Coverage from RTC Bill Signing, August 2017!
- NY Daily News
- Village Voice
- NY 1
- Gotham Gazette
- Mother Jones
- the Baltimore Sun
- Harlem World
- New York Amsterdam News
- Town & Village
- DNA Info New York
- Curbed NY
Press Coverage from the Mayor's Announcement to Fund and Pass RTC, February 2017:
- NYT on City's Commitment to Pass and Fund Intro 214
- DNA Info on the Mayor and Speaker's Announcement to Pass and Fund #RTCNYC
- Politico on the Mayor and Speaker's Agreement to Pass and Fund #RTCNYC
- AM Metro on Mayor's Commitment to Pass #RTCNYC
- NYC Mayor and Speaker of City Council Announce Full Support to Pass and Fund #RTCNYC!
Coverage of the Press Conference on 12/13/16 where we delivered 7,000 postcards to the Mayor and Speaker!
City Limits on The Interfaith Forum to Support #RTCNYC, December 2016
NY Magazine's Approval Matrix lists #RTC as both Highbrow and Brilliant, October 2016
David Jones, the head of the Community Service Society on the need for RTC!
Coverage of the RTC Hearing on 9/26/16
- Huffington Post on the RTC Hearing
- Metro NY on the RTC Hearing
- Above the Law on RTC Hearing
- Gothamist on the RTC Hearing
- Wall Street Journal on the Hearing for RTC
- WNYC on the Hearing for RTC
- NYT: For Tenants Facing Eviction, New York May Guarantee a Lawyer
- Village Voice: Tenants May Soon Have a Right to an Attorney in Housing Court
- The New York Law Journal on the Hearing for RTC
The NYT Editorial Board Endorses Right to Counsel
Next City on The Increase in Eviction Prevention and the Momentum for Right to Counsel
A powerful piece in El Diario about the Need for Right to Counsel!
RTCNYC Coalition Members on NY1's Inside City Hall Talking about the Cost Savings of Right to Counsel!
The Bronx Borough President writes an Op-Ed in Support of Right To Counsel!
All 42 Community Boards in Manhattan, Brooklyn and the Bronx Pass Resolutions in Support of Right to Counsel!
A great story in the Huffington Post about How RTC Saves us Money!
A great story in Bloomberg about how Right to Counsel will Save the City Millions!
A great Op-Ed in the NYT about how RTC is about Homelessness Prevention
A great Letter to the Editor of the NYT about How RTC is Key to Homelessness Prevention
A great article in the Queens Chronicle about the Queens Town Hall!
Gotham Gazette on How the Right to Counsel is Gaining Momentum
Coalition Members Susanna Blankley and Andrew Scherer were on on NY1’s “Inside City Hall” TV show joined by Councilwoman Vanessa Gibson and Councilman Mark Levine.
NYC Comptroller Scott Stringer Supports Right to Counsel!
Retired Supreme Court Justice, Emily Jane Goodman, writes for the New York Law Journal That RTCNYC is the Right Thing To Do!
A powerful piece in Truthout.org, comparing the US to the international community. The 47 countries of the EU have Right to Counsel.
The New York Times on the momentum for a Right to Counsel for tenants in housing court!
A great piece in Newsweek about Right to Counsel as a Civil Rights Issue!!!
A powerful video about the need for Right to Counsel for tenants in Housing Court!