ORGANIZE TO STOP EVICTIONS!
Defend RTC! Despite the overwhelming success of Right to Counsel in NYC, the state courts are moving thousands of cases forward WITHOUT RTC.
- SIGN UP to do join our Courtwatch Outreach in the hallways of NYC housing court to make sure tenants know their rights and to encourage them to fight back and join the movement to #DefendRTC!
- Call Chief Judge Wilson to demand that he issue an administrative order to pause all cases until tenants get RTC!
- Know your rights. The courts are throwing blame around instead of taking responsibility for denying tenants' rights. Make sure to know what's going on with RTC and share resources with tenants about their rights.
Pass Statewide Right to Counsel! We need permanent solutions to protect our homes and our rights! Now more than ever, ensuring that ALL tenants across New York State have the Right to Counsel is CRITICAL. The state legislature MUST pass and fully fund, in the fiscal year 2025 budget, Statewide Right to Counsel (S2721 / A1493), which would guarantee the Right to Counsel for ALL tenants facing eviction. Help us build support for this crucial legislation!
- Call NYS leadership and your state Assembly Member and Senator TODAY and make sure they support the passage and full funding of Statewide Right to Counsel in the FY 2025 budget! A call script you can use is here. Check here to see whether your state legislators support our legislation.
- For organizations: endorse our legislation or become a campaign member!
- Connected to your Community Board (NYC), City or Common Council, or County Board? RTC can support you in advocating that your local elected leadership pass a resolution of support for Statewide Right to Counsel or send a letter of support to state leadership. Email [email protected] for support and check out these resolutions of support from Manhattan Community Boards Eight and Ten, and Albany Common Council, and letter of support from Manhattan Community Board 5.