All COVID-19 resources are created in partnership with our allies at Housing Justice For All.
The Court's most recent order order extends the eviction moratorium until at least until October 1. We will be fighting for the moratorium to last as long as the public health crisis lasts. Please read our FAQ for the answers to all of your questions about how the eviction moratorium works:
If you are unable to pay rent during the COVID-19 crisis, you are not alone. Millions of people can’t pay rent right now. Learn more about what to do if you can't pay:
We believe that rent strikes are powerful tools when they are organized, but that they are not an end in and of themselves. We created this toolkit as a guide and source of resources to help folks conduct a rent strike in an organized and more powerful way.
- Our Demands to Cancel Rent and Reclaim Our Homes: English | Spanish
- Housing Court Must Change! Our Demands During COVID-19 and Beyond! English | Spanish
- A Know Your Rights FAQ on Online Rent Payments: English | Spanish
- 7 Steps to Organize Your Building, A Graphic Illustration: English
- List of Tenant Organizing Groups Across NY State: English | Spanish
- Landlord Tactics Against Tenants During COVID-19: Know Your Rights! English| Spanish
- COVID-19 Rent Strike Legal Support Guide: English