All COVID-19 resources are created in partnership with our allies at Housing Justice For All.
WATCH: Tenant Town Hall on NY's eviction moratorium, our campaign to #CancelRent, and going on rent strike:
Read our Eviction Moratorium FAQ:
The Governor's order extends the eviction and foreclosure moratorium until June 20. We will be fighting for the moratorium to last as long as the public health crisis lasts. Please read our FAQ for the answers to all of your questions about how the eviction moratorium works:
On May 7, the Governor issued a new Executive Order, ending the Eviction Moratorium on June 20, allowing landlords to file new eviction cases and permitting marshal's evictions from June 20th onwards. There are some protections for tenants who can show they can't pay rent because of a COVID related financial hardship.
If you are unable to pay rent during the COVID-19 crisis, you are not alone. Millions of people can’t pay rent right now. Learn more about what to do if you can't pay:
We believe that rent strikes are powerful tools when they are organized, but that they are not an end in and of themselves. We created this toolkit as a guide and source of resources to help folks conduct a rent strike in an organized and more powerful way.
- Our Demands to Cancel Rent and Reclaim Our Homes: English | Spanish
- Housing Court Must Change! Our Demands During COVID-19 and Beyond! English | Spanish
- A Know Your Rights FAQ on Online Rent Payments: English | Spanish
- 7 Steps to Organize Your Building, A Graphic Illustration: English
- List of Tenant Organizing Groups Across NY State: English | Spanish
- Landlord Tactics Against Tenants During COVID-19: Know Your Rights! English| Spanish
- COVID-19 Rent Strike Legal Support Guide: English